The Campus / hostel are free from any form of ragging and students have a home away from
home. An anti ragging squad works throughout the year to check there menaces. A Declaration form is required to be
filled by all students every year to learn about the various penalties meted out by the Hon'ble Supreme Court.
Declaration form (Anti Ragging)
To provide safe environment for girl students and women employees, a high
power Women Empowerment Cell has been established. They are empowered to take appropriate action in accordance PP&R Act
and rules, 2013. Anti Sexual Harassment Committee has been constituted with the powers to act as deemed fit.
Important Contact Numbers
HOD (Mechanical Engg.)
HOD (Civil Engg.)
HOD (Computer Sc. & Engg.)
HOD (Electrical Engg.)
HOD (Management Studies)
HOD (Diploma - I Year)
1. As per the order dated 10/12/2007 passed by Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
If any incident of ragging comes to the notice of the authority the concerned student shall be given liberty to explain
and if his explanation is not found satisfactory, authority would expel him from the institute.
2. UGC vide its DO No. FI-8/2006 (CCP II) dated February, 2008 and Director Technical Education and Industrial Training,
Punjab vide their endorsement 60-192/ECE/2008 dated 02/02/2008 have recommended the compliance of the directions given
by the Hon'ble Supreme Court.
1. Cancellation of admission.
2. Suspension from attending classes.
3. Withholding / Withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
4. Debarring form appearing in any Test / Examination / other evaluation process.
5. Withholding Results.
6. Debarring from representing the Institution in the National or International Meet, Tournament, Youth Festival etc.
7. Suspension / Expulsion from the hostel.
8. Rustication from the Institution for a period varying form 1 to 4 semesters.
9. Expulsion form the Institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institution.
10. Fine upto rupees 25,000/-.
11. Rigorous imprisonment upto 3 years under IPC and conviction by Court of Law (this will depend upon the nature
and gravity of the offence as established by the Court of Law).
Keeping in view the above, the students are advised to refrain themselves form indulging in any act of ragging
during their stay at the Institute. The students and their parents/guardian are required to submit an undertaking in
this regard at the time of admission.
Northern Institute of Engineering Technical Campus