| An MBA is a post graduate degree in business administration. MBA stands for Masters of Business Administration and is a very popular course for business students the world over. The MBA program is recognized worldwide and is considered as a major step towards a successful business management career. An MBA degree is one of the most sought after degrees in the world because of its value to people in business and administration. Irrespective of the industry or profession that you are in, or regardless of the condition of the economy of your country, an MBA degree can benefit those in positions in business and management, especially those in executive and managerial positions.|
The scope for a MBA graduate is unparalleled. Apart from attractive pay packets and placements being offered at college-level itself, it opens doors to various sectoral opportunities. The Indian Corporate world has seen many MBA professionals occupying top slots in the corporate ladder.
Apart from CThere are plenty of orporate careers, one can opt for entrepreneurship, work in co-operatives, NGO's as the opportunities are literally unlimited. Even when the industry goes through trends/fads, like the recent dot com fad, MBAs are the first in and among the first out, thereby reaping the benefits of a rising industry and the smartness of exiting to a different industry when the fall happened. This is due to the multidimensional, multi-tasking quality an MBA possesses. For example: A MBA with Finance specialization does not necessarily fare poorly when the industry hits the doldrums. He gets onto marketing of financial services (say, marketing of mutual funds or insurance products), thereby reducing career risk.
Today, a Management Degree has become an attractive proposition, as there are attractive entry level salaries and typically, a Management Graduate gets absorbed into a Company through the Campus Placement Program of the Institute. The MBA Program offers a lucrative career option to both experienced professionals as well as fresh graduates.
There are a very wide variety of options available for an MBA with specialization in Finance. Today, an MBA with a Finance Specialization learns a variety of subjects like Corporate finance, Costing, Budgeting, International Finance, working Capital management, investments and securities etc. With increased financial liberalization a wide array and wide variety of jobs are available to an MBA with specialization in finance. One can be working in the corporate Finance function of a major manufacturing Organization looking after management of funds for that corporate, working out working capital limits of the corporate and dealing with Banks and other financial lending institutions etc.
Human Resource Management is specialized function dedicated to the entire gamut of activities concerning people. Very broadly, the Human Resource Management area can be divided into three areas.
- Plant Personnel: Creating and maintaining healthy and positive industrial relations is the primary responsibility of plant Personnel. The activities include recruitment, payrolls, appraisals, administration, and all matters concerned with the workers' union.
- Corporate Personnel: Encompasses all HR activities in the corporate set-up. The employees here include all managerial and supervisory staff. Policy making for the entire organization is one of the important contributions of Corporate Personnel.
- HRD: This encompasses all strategic issues concerning HR. These strategic issues deal with a long-term vision of the organization in areas like recruitment, staffing, organization structure, work environment, employee retention, and a host of other activities.
In sales & Mktg., there are many areas where an MBA is recruited for
- Sales Management - responsible for achieving of sales target of an area like advertisement Mgmt., CRM, International Mktg.
- Brand Management - responsible for successful management of brands through various strategies and achieve marketshare.
MBA(lnformation Technology Managment)
There are plenty of companies these days that are looking to expand into Information Technology markets, which is why careers in this area are said to be growing at such a rapid pace. Usually tnahese kinds of job focus on information technology management and strategies that are sensitive to international issues.
MBA(Production And Operation Managment)
This is mostly preferred by B.Tech & engineering graduates. This has highest potential manufacturing industries all over world.
MBA(Tourism And Hotel Managment)
Tourism industry is one of the fastest growing industry all over the world . It makes professionals like MBA for managing tourism internationally & so the potential jobs in this area is highest.
1. Graduation (any discipline) with 50% marks in aggregate.
2. Appeared in CMAT (Centralized Management Aptitude Test) conducted by AICTE.